Clive Davis Confirms: Michael Jackson Plotted to End Brother Jermaine’s Career[SMENTITA]

« Older   Newer »

1.     Top   -1

Black or White

Group
    Moderatore Globale

Status
    Clive Davis Confirms: Michael Jackson Plotted to End Brother Jermaine’s Career

michael_and_jermaine-2

In his wonderfully juicy new book, “Soundtrack of My Life,” Clive Davis — “the Man with the 45 RPM Ears” –confirms what has always been out there: Michael Jackson purposely tried to kill off brother Jermaine’s career. In the mid 80s, Davis signed Jermaine Jackson and had a couple of hits that still stand up: “Do What You Do” and “Tell Me I’m Not Dreaming.” Michael didn’t like this.
    When Clive hired Kenny “Babyface” Edmonds and LA Reid in the late 1980s to produce Jermaine’s fourth album at Arista Records, Michael had enough, Davis says. The King of Pop tied up Babyface for his own projects, ripping him away from Jermaine. Clive writes: “Jermaine couldn’t believe that Michael, his close brother, would hijack his producers’ material this way.”At a dinner in Paris, Clive recalls, Jermaine was “crying, indeed sobbing at times, so deeply hurt that his brother would do this to him.”
    The older brother was so angry that he wrote his infamous song, “Word to the Badd,” which denounced Michael as shallow and selfish. Michael responded by calling Davis and demanding he take the song off of Jermaine’s new album.
    Davis was between a rock and a hard place, as they say. Jermaine leaked the track so the world could hear his bitterness. Clive “I felt it would be wrong for me to tell an artist to take a song off an album. This was a family and personal matter that they would need to resolve themselves.” Eventually a watered down version of the song was officially released. Davis’s story lines up with the one told by Michael’s longtime pr man, the late Bob Jones, in his book with Stacy Brown.

I’m sorry: this is the petty side of Michael Jackson that his fans don’t like to hear about. But now we have the same story from two people who never knew each other–Bob Jones, and Clive Davis. Bob Jones wrote that Michael systematically destroyed the careers of Rebbe and Jermaine, and even LaToya, but wasn’t fast enough to stop Janet.

Categories: Celebrity, Music

www.showbiz411.com/2013/02/19/clive...ermaines-career

Traduzione:

Michael Jackson ha tracciato la fine della carriera del fratello Jermaine

Nel suo libro succoso "Soundtrack of My Life "," Clive Davis - "l'Uomo dalle orecchie a 45 giri(è una metafora)", conferma ciò che si è sempre saputo nell'ambiente: Michael Jackson ha volutamente cercato di distruggere la carriera del fratello Jermaine . Intorno alla metà degli anni '80, Davis fece un contratto a Jermaine Jackson , che aveva alcune hit molto interessanti: "Do What You Do" e "Tell Me I’m Not Dreaming." a Michael questo ,non piaceva .

Quando Clive assunse Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds e LA Reid alla fine del 1980 per la produzione di un quarto album di Jermaine alla Records, Michael ne aveva abbastanza, dice Davis. Il Re del Pop coinvolse e bloccò Babyface nei suoi progetti, strappandolo pertanto dagli accordi con Jermaine. Clive scrive: ". Jermaine non riusciva a credere che Michael, il fratello che amava, avesse vincolato i produttori, dirottando il loro materiale a lui, in questo modo" Ad una cena a Parigi, Clive ricorda, Jermaine "piangeva, anzi, addirittura singhiozzava, era così profondamente ferito, da quello che il fratello aveva fatto"

Il fratello maggiore era così arrabbiato da scrivere una canzone infame, "Words to Badd", dove denunciava Michael come superficiale ed egoista. Michael rispose, chiamando Davis e esigendo che si allontanasse da Jermaine.

Davis era quindi fra l'incudine e il martello, come si suol dire. Jermaine diffuse la traccia in modo che il mondo potesse sentire la sua amarezza. Clive "ho sentito che per me sarebbe stato un errore, essere in accordo con un artista che aveva deciso di lanciare un traccia al di fuori dell'album. Questa era una questione di famiglia e personale che avrebbero dovuto risolvere fra di se. "Alla fine una versione annacquata della canzone venne rilasciata ufficialmente". Davis continua a raccontare la storia parlando di un pr di lunga data di Michael ,Bob Jones, nel suo libro realizzato insieme a Stacy Brown.

Mi dispiace: questo , era un lato mediocre di Michael Jackson che ai suoi fan non piacerà sentire. Ma adesso la storia viene raccontata da due persone -Bob Jones, e Clive Davis, che hanno conosciuto bene Michael. Bob Jones ha scritto che Michael ha sistematicamente distrutto la carriera di Rebbe ,Jermaine e LaToya, ma che non è stato abbastanza veloce per distruggere anche quella di Janet.

Edited by valerie77 - 19/2/2013, 12:31

2.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Doppio triplo quadruplo BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

cid21ee898250e54086a28akt6

3.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Da Ivy la citazione reale del libro.. e come sta la storia REALMENTE

Full quote from Clive Davis book about Michael and Jermaine -

I had signed Jermaine Jackson to Arista and, like L.A. and Babyface, he had also worked with Whitney Houston. We had some success with his three albums for the label, but as we were getting started on his fourth, I thought he might be an ideal fit for LaFace. As Michael Jackson’s older brother, Jermaine was now in his late thirties and, beginning with the Jackson 5, had been making records for more than two decades. I thought that working with L.A. and Babyface would give him a new sound, expose him to a younger audience, and bring him success on the scale that he so badly wanted. Jermaine loved the idea, and L.A. and Babyface, who had grown up with the family mystique of the Jacksons, were excited as well. It seemed like a well-made match.

As the three of them began working on Jermaine’s first album for LaFace, which would be titled You Said, Jermaine was startled to learn that his brother Michael had approached L.A. and Babyface and offered them very substantial amounts of money to work on songs for his new album, and surprisingly they had agreed to do it. Everything they wrote during this immediate, well-defined period of a couple of weeks would be for Michael to use. Jermaine couldn’t believe that Michael, his close brother, would hijack his producers’ material this way. The tensions that existed within the Jackson family are no longer a mystery to anyone, and the sibling rivalry between Michael and Jermaine was certainly one element of them. Jermaine spent his professional life very much in his younger brother’s shadow, and, as brothers will, he saw himself as every bit Michael’s equal in terms of talent. That was not the case, of course. Really, it’s hard to think of any artist who could be compared to Michael Jackson, but Jermaine could not accept that. Consequently, he regarded Michael’s hiring L.A. and Babyface as a profound betrayal, and he was shaken to his core.

I had dinner with Jermaine in Paris around this time, and he was totally disconsolate throughout the entire meal. He was crying, indeed sobbing at times, so deeply hurt that his brother would do this to him. Unfortunately, that hurt turned to anger, and Jermaine recorded a song called “Word to the Badd” that was a bitter excoriation of Michael. It was leaked to radio and instantly created a sensation. In the song, Jermaine vilified Michael for lightening his skin; for being “a child,” not “a man”; and for “takin’ my pie,” a seeming reference to the situation with L.A. and Babyface. The tabloid media covered the song intensely. Jermaine was accused of leaking the song himself to piggyback on the media attention Michael was getting for his album Dangerous, which had come out not long before, and to call attention to his own album You Said. I have no idea if Jermaine did that or not, but the publicity backfired. He came off as petty and desperate. Of course, no one knew about the dramatic situation that had triggered his anger and generated the song in the first place.

“Word to the Badd” was set to go on You Said, and there wasn’t much I could do about that, even after Michael Jackson personally called me to complain. Michael and I had always been on good terms. We would often run into each other during the glory years of Studio 54. Both of us would be taking all of it in, and he always felt comfortable being next to me. He was a huge early fan of Whitney’s, and loved her music. In later years I would regularly invite him to my pre-Grammy party. He never ended up coming; his legal problems had already started, and I’m sure his lawyers advised him that it would not be a good idea while litigation was ongoing. But in the week before the show, he would call me every day and insist that he would be there. His security and publicity people would visit the venue, and he would want to know what table he’d be seated at and with whom he’d be sitting. He’d also want to know who would be performing. I never reveal that in advance, but in his case I knew he wouldn’t tell anyone. When the O’Jays were going to be there, he was so enthusiastic: “They’ve got to play ‘Back Stabbers’!” he declaimed. “Tell them I insist they perform ‘Back Stabbers’!” We would take turns singing songs together on the phone as we talked about the various artists who would be performing and his favorite hits of theirs.

It was in this spirit that Michael called me to pull “Word to the Badd” off Jermaine’s forthcoming album. He said, “I know you have respect for me, and I have respect for you. How could you let my brother do this? I don’t want you to release that record.” I told him, “Look, Michael, Jermaine is an artist on a label in which I have an interest. I do have great respect for you, but this really is a problem between the two of you. You’ve got to deal with him directly.” As uncomfortable as I was with what Jermaine had done, I felt it would be wrong for me to tell an artist to take a song off his album. This was a family and personal matter that they needed to resolve themselves. Michael said that Jermaine was avoiding him and he couldn’t find him anywhere. I told him, “He’s just gotten to your parents’ house. I spoke to him ten minutes ago.” A few hours later, Jermaine called me. “You’ll never guess what happened,” he said. “I’m at my parents’ house, and Michael went around to the back, climbed up and went through a window, and came down the stairs and confronted me with the problem. We really had it out.” Jermaine stuck to his guns and kept the song out there, but eventually he and Michael came to some sort of understanding. Jermaine softened the lyrics to the song and changed its focus. It stayed on You Said, but much of the sting had been taken out of it. Still, even recast as a lovers’ quarrel, the song says a great deal about the hurt Jermaine felt about what Michael had done: “You never think about who you love / You only think about number one / You forgot about where we started from / You only think about what you want / You don’t care about how it’s done.” Ultimately, the album didn’t make much impact, so the song is most interesting for the personal story it tells.

www.twitlonger.com/show/l3dk0c

--------------
    Traduzione

Citazione completa dal libro di Clive Davis su Michael e Jermaine -

Avevo firmato con Jermaine Jackson e Arista , così come LARed e Babyface, che aveva lavorato con Whitney Houston. Avevamo avuto un certo successo con i 3 album precedenti con questa Etichetta, ma siccome stavamo per iniziarne un quarto album, ho pensato che potesse essere un qualcosa di ideale per La e Face. Dato che il fratello maggiore di Michael Jackson, Jermaine ,era ormai sulla quarantina e, a partire dall'epoca dei Jackson 5, aveva fatto delle buone canzoni per più di due decenni,ho pensato che lavorare con LA e Babyface gli avrebbe dato un nuovo sound, esponendolo a un pubblico più giovane, e portarlo a quel successo che tanto desiderava. Jermaine apprezzava l'idea, e LA e Babyface, che erano cresciuti con il mito della famiglia Jackson, erano molto entusiasti. Sembrava un ottima idea.

Come loro 3 iniziarono a lavorare sul primo album di Jermaine , LA e Face, che avrebbe avuto il titolo di You Said, Jermaine rimase sorpreso nel sapere che il fratello Michael si era avvicinato a LA e Babyface e gli aveva offerto parecchi soldi per lavorare sulle canzoni per il suo nuovo album, e sorprendentemente si erano messi daccordo per farlo. Tutto quello che avrebbero scritto nel tempo limitato,e ben definito di un paio di settimane, sarebbe stato dato a Michael. Jermaine non riusciva a credere che Michael, il fratello, avesse dirottato il materiale di quei produttori, in quel modo. Le tensioni esistenti all'interno della famiglia Jackson, non sono più un mistero per nessuno, e la rivalità tra i fratelli ,tra Michael e Jermaine ,era certamente un elemento di questo conflitto. Jermaine ha trascorso la sua vita professionale molto in ombra di suo fratello più giovane, e, come fratelli, si vedeva sempre perdente in termini di talento rispetto a Michael. Ma non era quello il punto, naturalmente. In realtà, è difficile pensare a un artista che potrebbe essere paragonato a Michael Jackson, ma Jermaine non poteva accettarlo. Di conseguenza, vedeva ,nelle assunzioni da parte di Michael di LA e Babyface , un profondo tradimento ed era molto scosso..

Ho cenato con Jermaine a Parigi in quel periodo, ed era molto sconsolato. Piangeva, anzi, a volte singhiozzava, per quanto era profondamente ferito, per ciò che il fratello gli aveva fatto. Purtroppo, la delusione divenne rabbia, e Jermaine registrò una canzone dal titolo "Words to Badd" che era un racconto avvelenato e amaro su Michael. La canzone trapelò alla radio. Nella canzone, Jermaine diffamava Michael per essersi schiarito la pelle, per essere "un bambino", non "un uomo", e per "prendere la mia torta", un riferimento chiaramente rivolto alla situazione con LA e Babyface. I media si concentrarono molto sulla canzone. Jermaine venne accusato di aver fatto uscire il brano e dato in pasto ai media ,mentre Michael stava promuovendo l'album Dangerous, uscito non molto tempo prima, e per richiamare l'attenzione sul suo album You Said. Non ho idea se Jermaine l'aveva fatto davvero, ma comunque il tentativo fallì. Dipingendo di lui un quadro meschino e depravato. Naturalmente, nessuno era a conoscenza della drammatica situazione che aveva scatenato la sua rabbia e dato origine alla canzone dopo.

"Words to Badd" era programmata per essere inserita nell'album You Said, e non c'era molto che potessi fare, anche dopo che Michael Jackson personalmente mi chiamò per lamentarsi. Michael e io siamo sempre stati in buoni rapporti. Ci siamo incontrati spesso allo Studio 54. Ci capivamo molto bene e lui si sentiva a suo agio quando era con me. Era un grande fan di Whitney precoce, e amava la sua musica. Negli anni successivi l'ho invitato regolarmente al party pre-Grammy. Non è mai venuto, i suoi problemi legali erano già iniziati e sono sicuro che i suoi avvocati gli consigliassero che non era una buona idea farsi vedere in pubblico, mentre era in corso di contenzioso. Ma nella settimana prima dello spettacolo, mi chiamava ogni giorno , insistendo sul fatto che sarebbe stato presente. Le sue guardie di sicurezza e manager dovevano controllare il posto, e lui voleva sapere in che fila e posto di numero avrebbe dovuto sedersi. Voleva anche sapere chi si sarebbe esibito. Non l'ho mai rivelato in anticipo, ma nel suo caso sapevo che non lo avrebbe detto a nessuno. Parlavamo al telefono dei vari cantanti e delle loro esibizioni, cantando o accennando le canzoni preferite.

E 'in questo spirito che Michael mi chiamò per lamentarsi di "Words to Badd" nella speranza che non fosse pubblicata nell'ultimo album di Jermaine. Mi disse: "So che hai rispetto per me, e ho rispetto per te. Come hai potuto lasciare che mio fratello facesse questo? Non voglio che l'album venga rilasciato. "Gli dissi:" Guarda Michael, Jermaine è un artista con un'etichetta in cui ho una partecipazione. Io ho grande rispetto per te, ma questo è davvero un problema tra voi due.Devi parlare direttamente con lui "Ero molto a disagio per quello che Jermaine aveva fatto, ma ho sentito che sarebbe stato un errore da parte mia, chiedere ad un artista di togliere un brano dal suo album. Questa era una questione di famiglia e personale che dovevano risolvere da soli. Michael disse che Jermaine lo stava evitando e non riusciva a trovarlo da nessuna parte. Gli risposi "E 'appena arrivato a casa dei tuoi genitori. Gli ho parlato dieci minuti fa. "Poche ore dopo, Jermaine mi chiamò. "Non indovinerai mai quello che è successo", disse. "Sono a casa dei miei genitori, e Michael è passato dal retro, è entrato da una finestra, ha sceso le scale e mi ha affrontato. Sono davvero arrabbiato. "Jermaine tenne duro e mantenne la sua idea di pubblicare la canzone, ma alla fine lui e Michael fecero la pace. Jermaine modificò in alcune parti il testo della canzone, e ne uscì qualcosa di più morbido. E ' rimasta nell'album You Said, ma gran parte delle parole dure non ci sono più. Eppure, anche se riformulata come un litigio fra amanti, la canzone la dice lunga sul dolore che Jermaine sentiva per quello che Michael aveva fatto: "Non si può mai pensare a chi ti ama / Devi solo pensare ad essere il numero uno / Ti sei dimenticato da dove siamo partiti/ Vuoi pensare solo a quello che ti interessa / Non ti importa di come farlo. "In conclusione, l'album non ebbe un grande impatto, e alla fine la storia dietro alla canzone è quella che vale la pena di essere raccontata.

*** Beccatevi questa tabloid del piffero :PP:

4.     Top   -1

This is it

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Questo è un articolo del Los Angeles Time del 7 novembre del 1991. E parla di Jermaine, il momento immediatamente successivo alla trapelata canzone nelle radio "Words to Badd".

Jermaine Jackson: 'Word to the Badd!!' a Call to Michael : * Pop music: 'The only reason I wrote this song was to help my little brother get a grip on reality,' he says.

November 07,91

Jermaine Jackson says he took a biting musical swipe at his superstar sibling, Michael, because his younger brother had frozen him out of his life.

In an interview, Jermaine explained that the cantankerous lyrics to his song "Word to the Badd!!," which criticize Michael for allegedly changing his skin color and obtaining plastic surgery, were written in retaliation for eight months of unreturned phone calls.

"I understand he's a very busy person, but after you repeatedly try to contact your own brother and he doesn't call you back, you begin to wonder if he hasn't just completely lost touch with reality," Jermaine, 37, told The Times.

"I know people are going to go off on a tangent and say that Jermaine is jealous. But it's not true. Michael and I have never feuded. The only reason I wrote this song--and it came from the bottom of my heart--was to help my little brother get a grip on reality. I never meant to discredit him. The song was never supposed to come out in public. But now that it has, I am hear to say that, yes, I wrote it and I stand by it."

A bootleg cassette of "Badd!!" was leaked last weekend to programmers at several radio stations, which began playing it back-to-back with an unauthorized version of Michael Jackson's long-awaited new single "Black or White," a song about racial harmony that was not officially due to be released until Monday.

Jermaine's song includes lyrics such as:

\o7 Reconstructed

Been abducted

Don't know who you are

Think they love you

They don't know you

Lonely superstar\f7 . . . .

Michael Jackson, 33, could not be reached for comment, but a spokesman for his record company called the release of Jermaine's song a "malicious publicity stunt."

Representatives from LaFace Records, the Atlanta-based independent label for which Jermaine Jackson records, and from Arista Records, the company that distributes his music, denied playing any part in leaking the song to radio programmers, as did Jermaine.

Jermaine said he is tired of hearing the lyrics of "Badd!!" being compared to his sister La Toya's vindictive tell-all autobiography about the Jackson clan, of which an excerpt appears along with her nude photos in the November issue of Playboy magazine.

"In no form or fashion was this done as a publicity stunt," said Jackson, who hasn't scored a solo Top 10 hit on the pop charts since the early '80s. "This is not like La Toya. I think that what La Toya has done is unforgivable. I don't know who leaked the song. I certainly had nothing to do with it. But it doesn't anger me. If it wasn't leaked now, maybe it would have been leaked later. The fact is it's out there and I have to deal with it."

However, the way Jermaine looks at it, at least one positive thing occurred as a result of the song's public airing. Shortly after the recording was leaked, Michael called.

The two Jackson siblings reportedly met for the first time in eight months on Monday in Los Angeles.

"The first thing Michael asked me was 'Why?' " Jermaine said. "So I explained to him how I felt. After we talked for awhile we agreed that no matter how busy each of us gets that we should never be too busy to take a call from one another. But that's between us.

"You see, I love my brother very much. My relationship with my brother is more important than money. It's more important than a No. 1 record. The most important thing is that we maintain being brothers and hopefully this song will help improve our relationship. I'm not happy that the song has been made public, but what can I do about it now?"

A tamer version of "Word to the Badd!!" is included on Jermaine Jackson's new album, "You Said," which was released last week. The singer said he specifically asked his record company to edit the version now playing on the radio before placing the song on the album because he did not "feel emotionally ready for the public to hear it."

"My song deals with much more than any plastic surgery or any facial changes or this and that," Jackson said. "The bottom line here is that this song was written as a private message to help get my brother to heal our relationship."

Still, all the attention focused on the bootleg version of "Badd!!" has officials at Arista and LaFace reportedly considering the possibility of rush-releasing the original track as a single or offering it free to consumers who buy a copy of Jermaine's new album.

Asked whether he would consent to the release of the unedited version of "Badd" if pressed by his record company to do so, Jackson said he was still undecided.

"I really don't know," Jackson said. "I'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Michael and I talked. That's what's important to me. He left smiling and I'm smiling."

http://articles.latimes.com/1991-11-07/ent...ermaine-jackson

-----
    Traduzione
    ( a breve che ora non ho voglia :D)

3 replies since 19/2/2013, 12:11   57 views